Well folks, yesterday started off as one of those not so amazing days. On top of waking up for 8 am lecture and giving two tours in very high humidity, I did very poorly on my chemistry exam, one of my favorite restaurants in Iowa City is now closed, and my friend Haley was unable to make it to Iowa City for the night. When a day starts off semi-bad and rolls down hill from there, it can be a very rough feeling. To be honest, I've come to expected crappy days. I need to just realized that everyday is not going to be full of rainbows and butterflies and somedays storm clouds will hang over my head (literally, did anyone see that storm last night?). I can do my best to prevent sucky days, but once they're slapping me in the face, I just have to take it and know that tomorrow will be a new day.
I was able to get out of my apartment last night, however. Some friends of my picked me up and we went to a friend's apartment for a while. It felt great to not be thinking about textbooks or flashcards or highlighters for a little while. Steam was definitely let loose and I enjoyed myself!
Here are a few pictures from last night:
This is my friend Haley. I met her in Marching Band last year!
This is Emily, Haley's roommate!
No comments:
Post a Comment