While giving my campus tours yesterday, I had the chance to meet some great families. I really love hearing the stories of where they are from and their interests and passions. The satisfaction I get when a prospective student tells me that they love it here and they're so glad I was their tour guide is so refreshing. I am so lucky to have such an impact on many future college decisions.
Right after work yesterday, I rushed home, sunburnt shoulders and all, to pack for my night in Cedar Rapids with Sarah. She had some family in town and it was great to meet everyone. Her family was so welcoming and really made me feel at home. There was homemade marinara sauce and pasta for dinner and it was so great to have a home cooked meal not made by me. Dessert was to be a delicious Monkey Bread, but after overlooking the smoking oven, the house turned into a very smoky house because there was some of the syrup from the bread burning on the bottom of the oven. Despite the issues with dessert, it turned out to taste perfect.
Today, we all went to the Hadley's favorite local bar for a late lunch. Sarah's family is of a Czech background and this bar is heavily Czech-influenced. I indulged in Polish Kielbasa with some sweet potato fries! It was absolutely scrumptious. I am now home for the night buried under a large pile of homework and studying. I cannot wait for tomorrow and some quality time with Leah. It has been so long since we've had the opportunity to catch up. I think it will be a great afternoon and night!
No comments:
Post a Comment