Friday, June 29, 2012

Day Twenty-five

Yesterday I had the opportunity to dissect a frog in biology lab. Yeah I know it's gross, but I thought it was really cool! We were specifically interested in the heart of the frog yesterday, but I will spare the details. I don't mind going to lab when it's a little bit fun! After lab I walked on over to the Old Capitol and sat myself down against one of the giant pillars in the shade. I always see people studying there and such, but I myself have never had the opportunity to eat or study up there. I was perfect. In the heat of yesterday, I sat in the shade and enjoyed my lunch in peace. The best part about my new favorite spot is that there's Wifi! Yay University of Iowa for putting Wifi on the green spaces. When classes were over for the day, I headed back home and got a quick study session in before my test at 5:00. I happily indulged in a Peach and Mango Smoothie, which was perfect for yesterday's high temperatures. While I was walking to my exam, I felt a sense of doom. The professor plays off exams as just the concepts and "if you know the concepts, you'll be fine." Not exactly true. I've discovered that he likes to put questions on the exams that are just out of our reach or knowledge level to see if we can figure them out. As a professor, that's an amazing technique. As a student, it is not fun at all. Some friends of mine met up at Whitey's Ice Cream later and it was the perfect comfort for my crazy long day and hanging out with friends isn't too bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment