Friday, June 15, 2012

Day Thirteen

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love my job! I gave two campus tours today and it was a perfect day. I had early Biology lecture this morning that I followed up with a PCAT study session at Starbucks for a few hours. I gave a tour this morning and cannot consider this a job. Yes, I get paid for it and I went through an interview process, but in my mind it isn't a job at all. The people I have the opportunity to work with are so kind and funny and the prospective students are always new and everyone has different backgrounds. It is such a wonderful opportunity to meet students and their families from all over the country and show them around a place that I absolutely love. I had a great lunch with my friend Sarah in between tours and I rediscovered Iced Tea mixed with Lemonade. For the summer it is the most refreshing drink. Yumm it tastes so fresh and delicious on a hot summer day like today.

Before coming to college I would have never considered myself a napper. I really felt no need to nap on a regular basis, but now that my schedule is totally shifted, napping is bliss. A nice afternoon nap is so rejuvenating! It doesn't have to be a ridiculously long nap, but just a little dirt nap, as my brother Andrew would say. After an early morning and a long day in the heat, a nap was just what I needed this afternoon.

I also wanted to share the smoothie recipe that I am absolutely obsessed with! No matter my mood or the time of day, the smoothie is delicious and cheers me right up.

Peach and Mango Smoothie:
Frozen Peaches
Frozen Mangoes
Peach or Raspberry Kefir
Protein Powder
Sweetener

Because of the added protein powder, this smoothie is super healthy and very filling. I like to used Truvia or Splenda because they sweeten the smoothie without adding all of the extra calories of regular table sugar. I highly recommend trying this smoothie, as it has become my favorite afternoon snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment