I woke up yesterday determined and motivated to get my day started. I took waking up on my own at 7:30 as a sign that it was going to be a great day. I got dressed and ate breakfast and walked down to the Iowa City Farmers Market. I bought an absolutely delicious loaf of Wheat Bread! I cannot wait to have a sandwich on it! I walked right over to the co-op grocery store and picked up a few things that I was running low on. After that whole endeavor, however, I hit a slump. My day seemed like an empty abyss and filling it with something to do seemed impossible. After a Skype session with my parents and a minor cry, I put the fear behind me and moved on. I walked into downtown and decided that I should go into all the shops and boutiques that I pass everyday and always wanted to explore. I ended up finding a great dress that I need for my Sorority's Recruitment Process. With a little shopping therapy my happier mood was restored. Something I truly miss about home is just laying on the couch and watching dumb TV. Because I don't have any cable hookup here, I have to go looking for any television that I want to watch. I did, however, find the Big Bang Theory online and enjoyed that while I painted my nails.
In the fridge, I had some vegetables that needed to be eaten or thrown out, so I decided to cook them! I made a delicious dinner for myself and the leftovers are waiting in the fridge. I took some mini bell peppers and sautéed them in olive oil and garlic on the stove. Meanwhile, I placed two chicken breasts in a plastic bag with some teriyaki sauce and garlic and smooshed it around. I put both chicken breasts on my George Foreman Grill and waiting until they were warm and delicious. I figured that no one would be around to smell my breath so why not use a lot of garlic!! A nice dinner can always lighten any down mood! Happy Cooking!
No comments:
Post a Comment