The past two days have been a whirlwind. Shadowing at the hospital was such an experience. It was great to see what a regular day being a pharmacist was like! I thoroughly enjoyed the time, but I wish I was able to go when the teams were making rounds. Unfortunately, my schedule makes that impossible, but the time I was able to spend at the hospital were great.
I'm quickly learning that I will learn to be a better cook for the sake of my taste buds. I made myself a cheeseburger for dinner tonight and I totally overcooked it. I can cook okay, but grilling and most meat has always been taken care of by the men in my family. Grilling has never been my speciality and I learned my lesson the hard way at dinner tonight. I ate it anyway and next time, I'm sure it will be scrumptious.
The next few days, however, are going to be amazing! One of my very best friends from Iowa is coming to Iowa City this weekend and I cannot wait to see her! She is on the Iowa Dance Team and is here for practice and rehearsal, so we're meeting up for lunch tomorrow and then she's staying with my on Sunday. I'm also planning on going to CR (Cedar Rapids) tomorrow afternoon with my friend Sarah to stay the night at her house. I'm imagining that it will be nice to be in a real house for a little while, rather than an apartment. I am overcome with excitement for this weekend and the friends that I get to see!
Here are some pictures of me and Leah from Freshmen Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment