Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day Fifteen

Each week I survive is one more milestone in my mind. I am a quarter of the way through my summer here in Iowa City and I'm learning to deal with the fact that living alone most likely isn't my thing, instead of pretending that I love it. I had the opportunity to Skype with my family today while they enjoyed what looked to be an amazing Fathers' Day Dinner! I have to say that I was very jealous that they were there and I was here. It just isn't the same when a computer sits at my dinner spot instead of me! It was great to see all of them though and I'm counting down the days until Fourth of July weekend when I get to hang out with everyone!

Today, other than dinner skyping, was full of homework and studying and printing my handouts for the week. Sundays aren't the dreamed about fun day, but it's just one day and I survive. A small achievement that I recently realized that I have accomplished is my crazy typing speed. I know that seems a little ridiculous, but after being in college a year now, I CAN TYPE REALLY FAST! Yes, I know it's minor, but an achievement nonetheless.

That sandwich bread that I was so excited to try definitely lived up to it's delicious smell. I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on it for a late dinner and mmmmm it was perfect. I think I'm going to be hitting up the Amish Bakery's booth at the Farmers' Market every week now!

The week ahead of me is daunting, but I keep repeating that I will get through it if I just take it one day at a time. With two quizzes, a seven am exam, and my first experience job shadowing, I'm sure this week will present its challenges and I hope to overcome them! Cheers to another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment