Monday, June 4, 2012

Day Two

Today was certainly better than yesterday, a trend that I'm guessing will continue. I am a campus tour guide for the University of Iowa and I gave 2 tours to prospective students. Today completely reassured the fact that I love my job! I have the amazing opportunity to meet and talk with high school seniors from around the country and I find the conversations, although sometimes odd and off topic, usually riveting. Eating lunch outside is also something that I see being rather regular because today was truly bliss. Besides the stain found on my shirt that I am praying isn't bird poop, my lunch hour was completely relaxing and definitely needed. Catching up with a few friends this afternoon was a nice reminder of my past social life and I definitely missed it. During the academic year seeing friends and sorority sisters was common, whereas the last few weeks have been rather dead. Today, however, my social butterfly aspirations are back! Class start tomorrow and because I don't have labs this week, it will be a rather choppy day. Perhaps a nice workout or run will fill the middle of my day! We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're loving being a tour guide!! It was one of the most rewarding things I did in college. The best part is when you get letters from the students you gave tours to...letting you know that they've decided to attend your school!! Or better yet, that you helped them make that decision! Proud of you Meg!

    ReplyDelete