Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day Twenty-seven

Here it is! The halfway mark! Four weeks done and four weeks to go! I still have 5 more exams, 1 more lab report, the PCAT, and lot of tours to give, but I'm glad I can say that I officially made it halfway! Halfway certainly does not mean done, but it feels better than the start!

Yesterday turned into quite an awesome day! I woke up (without a hangover from Friday I might add) and turned on the Pandora and started my day. I picked up my apartment, cleaned, did the dishes, worked on my homework and eventually went to the CRWC for a great workout. (My abs are sore today! Best feeling ever after a workout!) Upon returning from working out, I found someone to go to Jazz Fest with me. Iowa City partakes in the Summer of the Arts every year. The weekend I moved to Iowa City was the Iowa Arts Festival and this weekend was the Jazz Festival! It had basically taken over the Pentacrest and the surrounding blocks with several stages, food booths and wonderful music. I got a little dolled up and walked into town to meet my friend Emma! I am a little bit obsessed with kettle corn when it comes to outdoor fairs and festivals because it's just so darn good when it's freshly popped, so I made sure to get my serving of kettle corn before I headed home! I ended the night with some Grey's Anatomy and decided to refrain from setting an alarm this morning. I rolled over to look at the clock and it read 11:01 am. Apparently, I needed some extra hours of sleep so I wasn't even mad at myself. I have another full day of studying today, so I better get started!

I cannot wait to see my family in person on Thursday! Connor and my mom are coming for Connor's college visit and to take me home for the weekend! :)))))

No comments:

Post a Comment