Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day Four and Five

Yesterday was probably my best day here in Iowa City. I ventured into the kitchen and pushed my way through the new blender for a refreshing peach and mango smoothie for a late breakfast/lunch. My friend Sarah then joined me for dinner and we made some veggies and Spaghetti Mac. I feel much better now that I have been able to explore the kitchen a little more and I plan to continue fostering my cooking skills the rest of the summer. Sarah and I attempted to watch Amadeus, but accidentally put the second half of the movie in first, but oh well. At least we know how the movie ends right? We finished the night with some chatting and we embarrassingly crashed at 10:00, as she works a full time job and I'm up early for classes.



Today, I started my day early and ventured into my Biology lecture. It is my biology professor's last semester teaching this summer, so there are always the occasional tangent and funny story. He is full of knowledge, but I can tell that sometimes, his brain is working faster than his mouth. From Biology, I had some time before I needed to meet with an admissions counselor for my job so I walked to Starbucks, and although it's already 75 degrees outside, I enjoyed a warm cup of hot chocolate. I met with my superior in the admissions office and I am now an official University of Iowa Tour Guide and I have the T-shirt to prove it! :)

I still have one more class today, a Chemistry lecture, but I think most of my afternoon will be spent catching up on homework and my readings for my classes. I still need to put time in studying for my PCAT, so leftovers are on the menu for this evening. My routine is growing more solidified and biking to town has proved to be much easier than walking every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment