Monday, June 18, 2012

Day Sixteen

While sitting my classes today, I observed that my generation lacks many positive qualities seen by other generations. Specifically, I noticed that there is a major lack of respect for elders or authority figures. Both of my professors are slightly out of the ordinary and to my classmates, that means that they are inept and unable to function in our highly civilized society when not talking about science. Some of my classmates are blatantly rude to my professors because they believe that their time is being wasted. There is no patience at all. Yes, it may take them slightly longer to work something out on the computer, but they didn't grow up with technology like we did. I am not trying to impose that I am not part of this issue at all. I am simply noticing this trend, and praying that I never act the way that some of my classmates believe is acceptable. Every answer is not going to be spoon fed and every procedure is not going to be written out. I feel that we have been so trained to always follow directions and get good grades that we are blinded to the reality. The reality is that there is no instruction manual for life and our careers. Some things we just have to figure out on our own without a teacher peering over our shoulder telling us that what we are doing is correct or perfect. I think this is going to be something to work on for me. I hope that I can treat adults with respect and learn to have more patience. Some things do not need to be rush.

Well, that's it for my social observations and ranting for today. Other than my eureka moment of society, today was rather routine. Both my chemistry class and biology class are presenting a lot of overlap and I am forgetting where I learned things. I am also studying for the PCAT which is majorly a chemistry and biology exam so sometimes, I feel like my head is going to explode. I hope it doesn't! I need my brain and definitely its contents. This is what I felt like while I was studying for my biology exam tomorrow:


I guess the lesson for today is with a little patience, no ones head will explode. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment