Summer colds should be illegal or impossible or fixable. My sinuses are stuffed, my ears or clogged, and my throat hurts. Yes, it is more likely to get sick when stressed or run-down, which I am, but I feel like my body always opts for the worst time to get sick. Couldn't this have waited until next week? Anyways, my day today has consisted of class, Kleenex, and cough drops. I did, however, discover a delicious drink at Teaspoons today! It's called a steamer and it is basically steamed milk with flavoring in it. I chose the mint flavoring and although it was 90 degrees outside while I was drinking, it was so delicious and it felt so soothing on my throat!
The packing has begun and as I always do, I'm getting a little bit nostalgic. I am at the time in my life where permanent residence is slim to none. I have been and will continue to move a lot in the next decade or so and it's a new feeling. I am very used to living in the same bedroom for almost 20 years or my life and it's different now. I will never see this apartment again after this week and it just feels so strange because it was home for two whole months.
My type A personality supports the fact that I actually really enjoy packing. I think I'm the only person in the world that likes packing, but it's a bit soothing to me. Usually, I'm packing for something exciting or a break or vacation, so packing just increases the excitement. Unpacking, however, is dreadful. I hate it. Because I'm moving around so often, I don't stay anywhere long and settling in doesn't really exist. I haven't decided how much I'm going to unpack when I get home this weekend because I'm turning right back around in two weeks for fall semester! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment