That feeling you get when something you never expected to actually come, is already here, it's weird. I've been planning and planning for things all summer, and I'm realizing that it's almost over. The PCAT, for example, over a year ago at my summer orientation, I knew that I was going to be taking the PCAT this summer. Yeah, it's next week. What? No way! I really do attempt to enjoy and take in all of the pleasures around me everyday, but I cannot believe that I only have 2 weeks left of my summer classes. 2 WEEKS! I remember saying goodbye to my mom and that aching stomach that accompanied and I serious cannot believe that it's almost over. Yes, I am entirely burnt out, as my last post suggested, and I'm not sure if I could survive more than 2 more weeks, but sometimes you can do things and survive events that you never thought possible. I am getting very inspirational today, but somedays should be inspirational.
My younger brother was cleared by his orthopedic surgeon yesterday to go back to gymnastics full time. It's been about 10 months of a battle between my brother and his shoulders. He had surgery on his left shoulder and then about 2 weeks after recovery was over, he did the same thing to the right shoulder. Some people would call this bad luck. No, it was exactly what my brother needed. He needed to feel the push. He needed to learn that some things are worth working for. Most people cannot say that they have been out of competitive gymnastics for almost a year and still have extensive plans to compete at the college level. He does. Yeah, my younger brother is going to be a college athlete. Who woulda thunk? Not me. His drive and motivation has been intensified since his injuries have set in. Now that he's back, I have no doubt that his work ethic will be that of Batman. He has no choice but to work hard, and I have faith in him. Love you, buddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment