Monday, July 16, 2012

Day Forty-three

Forty-three of anything is a lot. $43. 43 people. 43 pencils. 43 days is no exception. I have been on my own for 43 days and it seems strange to imagine living with so many people when I'm so used to being on my own. I honestly think my voice is loving living alone because so fewer words are said. I can go hours in silence and be completely fine. Yes, I do occasionally talk to myself or Skype, but in reality, I don't say a lot. When I move into my sorority house, it is going to be a big change because I am sure I will talk exponentially more. I am thoroughly a people person, so sometimes the silence bothers me, but  I've gotten used to it in these 43 days. I honestly cannot fathom the fact that this summer is quickly wrapping up. I had a conversation about moving out of my apartment today. What? No way. The cliche statements like, "you're stronger than you think you are," "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger," and "you can survive anything if you put your mind to it," have proven to be true in my case. I don't think I will be coming out of this summer with the most stellar grades, but I survived. I learned a lot about myself and the type of person that I am and hope to become in the future and I can only thank this experience. It was far from perfect, messy even, but it was an experience nonetheless.

I told some friends this weekend that I would recommend living alone at least once in a lifetime and they all stared at me like I was crazy. If I wasn't a huge fan, then why was I suggesting it to other people? Well, it may not be my thing, but it was totally worth the fight and the struggle. I feel so grateful to have been thrown into this situation because I truly understand myself so much better and feel that I am better prepared for what is ahead of me. Why wouldn't I recommend that to someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment