Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day Fifty-two

One. More. Day.

Everything I own is packed up and ready to be moved home when Mom and Dad get here tomorrow. I have a crazy day tomorrow, but it all ends with hopefully Chinese Takeout with my family. I have so missed those casual nights with my family this summer and I am not wasting anytime in making them up. Also, of all the good food in Iowa City, I have yet to find a truly delicious Chinese restaurant. Even for delivery and takeout I think that it's something Iowa City is lacking. I am looking forward to sleeping easier this weekend knowing that I don't have classes the following day. No more 8 am classes. Well.. until next semester of course (which is in 3 weeks..)

I did it ladies and gentlemen. If there was any doubt that this summer would come crashing down on top of me, it was in my mind. Being completely honest, I didn't think I would enjoy this summer at all. We rode the roller coaster together and there were definitely plenty of dropped stomachs and screaming for mercy, but all in all, it was okay. It was never so bad that I climbed on a Megabus to go home (although I thought about it.) Living alone is weird and I hope that I don't have to do it again for a very long time, but it was a good.

Home is going to feel so good tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment