I am going to keep this short. Summer colds=no fun. Summer school=no fun.
My summer cold is winning. I'm trying very hard to just barrel through the congestion and just move on with my day, but the cold is slowly taking over. The human body is truly amazing and I am entirely thankful for that. However, why does it pick the most inopportune times to come down with a cold?
Summer school. It is branded into children's heads at a very early age that summer is meant for relaxing. Well, summer school is not relaxing. I am so glad I made the decisions I did in regards to this summer, but wow, I'm so burnt out. The next two weeks at home are going to be spent on the couch watching the Olympics. I can predict my mom telling me to get of my butt and go do something productive, but I have a lot of couch time to catch up on. I need to fill my quota for TV time for the whole summer in only two weeks, so here it goes.
I also made another observation about children. All throughout elementary school and middle school, the last week of school is a blast. It usually consists of picnic day, yearbook day, field day, clean the classroom day, and my personal favorite, movie day. Somewhat in high school, but mostly in college, the last week of school is hell. As children, we are programmed to relax when the semester winds down, but that is the exact opposite of what we should be doing! Finals and exams and packing and tying up other loose ends cannot be done efficiently when it is stamped in our head that field day is tomorrow and no homework will be assigned for the last two weeks. Come on elementary teachers! Help a sister out!
No comments:
Post a Comment